Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps for proposal development and submission?
1) Identify Opportunity
2) Submit Intent to Submit Sponsored Program Proposal form
3) Write proposal and develop budget
4) Submit proposal, budget and Internal Approval Sheet to the Office of Sponsored Programs ( 3 days before proposal due date )
How do I receive payment for working on my sponsored program?
To receive payment for working on your sponsored program you must:
1) Have money budgeted within your budget for payment
2) Submit the Sponsored Programs Personnel Action form
When can a new hire begin working on my sponsored program?
A new hire cannot begin working on your sponsored program until you:
1) Submit the Sponsored Programs Personnel Action form
2) Receive notification from Human Resources that your new hire may begin work
Who has to complete an Effort Report form?
Any MUW employee who is receiving payment for working on a sponsored program must complete an effort report for the time period they received payment.
Can I make purchases outside of my award period?
No. You can only make purchases during your award period. Additionally, if you make contractual expenses your award can only pay for the portion which falls within your award dates. For example, if you have a 12 month maintenance agreement for a piece of equipment (January - December) but you grant ends the end of September. Your grant cannot pay for months October, November and December.