Undergraduate Curriculum Council
Next Meeting: November 3, 2017
Proposals are due to the VPAA by October 25, 2017
The UCC meets on the first Friday of every month during the fall and spring semester at 1:30 pm in the Welty Boardroom in Welty Hall.
Proposals should be submitted electronically to the VPAA's office 10 days prior to a scheduled meeting.
Governing Policy: P.S. 3508
- Print off the proposal form(s) needed and fill in the details.
- Have the proposal approved by the accepted body in your college/institute (e.g., college curriculum committee, discipline committee).
- Have the proposal approved by your dean. He/she then should write a letter supporting the proposal and indicating that it went through the accepted channels of your college/institute.
- You or the dean should send the original proposal(s) and letter ELECTRONICALLY to Academic Affairs at least ten (10) days prior to the next regularly-scheduled UCC meeting.
- You should plan to attend the UCC meeting to explain your proposal(s) and answer any questions.
- You and your dean will be notified within seven (7) days of UCC action on your proposal(s).
- If passed, the UCC will deliver the proposal(s) to the Chief Academic Officer, who will recommend approval or disapproval to the University President.
- If rejected, the UCC will provide written rationale.
- If tabled, the UCC will provide written rationale and encourage you to submit again after the specified changes are made.
(ASE) Kim Whitehead, Chair
(ASE) Joshua Hanes
(NHS) Dana Walker
(CBSP) Dee Larson
(CBPS) Amanda Dahl
(NHS) Chad Murphy
(Student Rep) Ashley Pruitt (ASE)
(CAO) Thomas Richardson, ex-officio
(AVPAA) Marty Hatton, ex-officio
(Library) Hillary Richardson, ex-officio
(Registrar's Office) Lynn Dobbs, ex-officio