Leaders of the Modern Workforce
The Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) in Business Administration degree allows individuals holding an associate degree (A.A.S) in an approved technical field the opportunity to progress toward a baccalaureate degree by accepting a predetermined amount of career and technical credit. The B.A.S. graduate will be able to combine the applied skill set learned in his or her career / technical program and his or her accrued real world experience with the managerial skills learned at The W to build pathways for further career advancement.
Scholarship opportunities exist for transfer students who have earned greater than a 3.0 GPA as well as PTK members.
Best of Both Worlds
The goal of the B.A.S. program is to integrate the skills learned in approved technical fields, the current theories of a chosen discipline, and the broader life development afforded by a liberal arts education together to develop well-rounded graduates ready to lead in an increasingly technology-driven workforce.
Through the Department of Business, a student may earn a Bachelor of Applied Science in Business Administration degree in one of ten concentrations:
- Culinary Management
- General Business
- Health Care Management
- Human Resource Management
- Legal Administration
- Management Information Systems
- Nonprofit Management
- Sports Management
The B.A.S. degree can be completed in as little as 18 months depending on entry point, completed coursework, degree requirements, and course availability. The B.A.S. student, however, may take two years, three years, or longer to complete degree requirements — whatever best fits the student’s goals and objectives.
The Junior and Senior years of all of the concentrations with the exception of Marketing and Sports Management may be completed entirely online.
At large universities, advising may be conducted in a central advising office and you may end up attending large group advising sessions. At MUW, business majors and minors are advised by full-time faculty members who will provide you with meaningful, personalized one-on-one academic counseling, scheduling of classes, mentoring, and career planning.
The W Advantage
With over 100 years of combined industry experience, the College’s faculty bring a wealth of real world knowledge to the classroom. Our primary focus is excellence in teaching, providing students with an unparalleled learning experience whether it be online or in our classrooms.
- Small class sizes with a low student-to-faculty ratio allow students to have incredible access to professors. This fosters a close relationship which allows instructors the opportunity to better mentor students, identify individual talents and needs, and tailor course offerings to students’ individual interests and learning styles.
- The faculty’s strong ties to the business community and that competitive advantage directly benefits students through experiential learning experiences where faculty bring current issues about the ever-changing business world into the classroom.
- Innovative class projects, case studies, and exercises allow interactive and enjoyable learning experiences that go beyond traditional lecture-based teaching strategies.
- The W student can access learning options anywhere, anytime with our integration of videos, simulations, online articles, downloadable slides, social media, and distance learning connectivity.