Food Journalism Emphasis
From cookbooks to food bloggers to culinary television, there is a wealth of food related media available today. Students in this option take courses in writing, media, and photography.
Students interested in pursuing a Food Journalism emphasis should take the following courses in addition to the bachelor of science degree requirements and the culinary arts major requirements.
- ART 220 - Photography I
- COM 102 - Introduction to Mass Communication
- COM 200 - Writing for the Media
- COM 325 - Visual Design
Select one of the following: (3 Semester Hours)
- EN 317 - Technical and Business Writing
- EN 311 - Nonfiction Writing
- COM 307 - Advanced Writing for the Media
- CA 315 - Demonstration Techniques