• 1
  • 2
  • 3

Dual Enrollment/Credit


What is Dual Enrollment?

The W welcomes the opportunity to help high school students get a jump start on their college education while they are still in high school. Dual enrollment allows you to see what a college classroom is like. Most dual enrollment students take freshman level courses such as English Composition and College Algebra. These courses traditionally transfer to any other college or university easily! Graduating from high school with some college courses under your belt is sure to impress.

What is Dual Credit?

Would you like to earn college AND high school credit at the same time? Speak with your high school about the opportunity to count your W courses for high school graduation credit. Only students with an approved agreement between The W and their school system may participate in dual credit.

Financial Assistance

The W offers a 2/3 tuition scholarship for up to 6 hours (2 courses) for dual enrollment/dual credit students. These awards are automatic and are applied to your account once you’ve been admitted and signed up for classes. 


3.0 college preparatory curriculum (CPC) grade point average on a total of 14 credits and an ACT score with at least one of the following subscores to be eligible for college-level coursework: English-17 or higher, Math-19 or higher, Reading-17 or higher 

- OR -

ACT score of 30 or higher with a  3.0 college preparatory curriculum (CPC) grade point average on any attempted high school coursework


Interested? Keep reading for a step by step guide for how to take advantage of this great opportunity!

Step One: Apply for Admission

Complete our Dual Enrollment/Credit Application and provide approval from your high school counselor or principal.

Dual Enrollment/Credit Application

Step Two: Submit Academic Paperwork

Submit your ACT or SAT score and High school transcript. Give us 48 hours and we’ll get back with you!

Step Three: Submit Immunization Records

Before registering for your courses, submit Immunization Records to the Office of Admissions by mail at:

Office of Admissions
Mississippi University for Women
1100 College Street, MUW-1613
Columbus, MS 39701-5800

or by email at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Step Four: Get Advised

Make an appointment to be advised. Dr. Marty Hatton, Associate VP for Academic Affairs, serves as the advisor for dual enrolled students. He can be reached by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or by phone at 662.329.7175.

Step Five: Books and Parking Pass

Visit our bookstore to find out what books you’ll need.

Driving to campus? Contact the Police Department at 662.241.7777 to learn how to purchase a parking permit. Permits are good for an entire year and are $25.