We're Moving

Our office is currently moving our website to a new platform. You can see the latest version here:

School of Education

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Office of Field Experiences

School of Education




The route to a teacher education degree begins with the ED 300 Education as a Profession course. Establishment of the candidate’s assessment portfolio is initiated in this course via Taskstream™.  All teacher education candidates are required to register for an account in the online data management system, Taskstream™ .


Background Check Requirement

All teacher education candidates are required to submit a “cleared” background check prior to beginning field experience courses. For additional information about this requirement, please contact the Office of Field Experiences at 662-241-6415.


Teacher Internship Program Application Process

Each semester a Teacher Internship orientation meeting is held for all teacher education candidates wishing to apply to the following semester’s Teacher Internship program. An active Taskstream™ account is required to complete the application process. For details about date, time, and location of the orientation please contact the Office of Field Experiences at 662-241-6415.


Mississippi Department of Education Office of Educator Licensure

Please go to the MDE Division of Educator Licensure website to apply for your educator license or add-on teaching endorsements. The most up-to-date licensure requirements, including PRAXIS score information, may be found on this site.


Notice Regarding Licensure
Requirements governing licensure in the state of Mississippi are continually revised.  As a result, requirements for degrees leading to licensure are subject to change from those published in the MUW Bulletin.  Students are advised to be in close communication with their education advisors to ensure that both degree requirements and licensure requirements are met.  Also, students seeking licensure in other states should contact the Department of Education in that state for their license requirements.

Only students who have completed their coursework with MUW can be recommended for licensure by the Office of Field Experience.


*Updated July 2020 - SOE