Sign Up for W-Alerts
Steps to enroll to receive W-Alerts or to update contact information:
- In a web browser, go to MUW’s home page, www.muw.edu.
- Click on the WConnect icon on the top right hand side of the home page.
- Enter your NetID (user ID/first part of your email without @mapps.muw.edu or @muw.edu) and password then click the “Login” button.
- Click the “BannerWeb” icon on the right hand side of the page.
- Click on the “Personal Information” tab.
- Click on “W Alert Text Messaging Opt In/Out.
- Enter your cell phone number with area code and select “Opt-In” as Participation Level.
- Then click the “Submit” button.
Note: You will receive a success notification if your number was saved successfully.
MUW is committed to ensuring the campus community receives timely and accurate information in the event of a confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation occurring on the campus involving an immediate threat to the health and safety of the students and employees. The University uses the emergency notification system through Blackboard Connect to provide alerts via W-Alert. This is the MUW emergency notification service available to all students, faculty and staff. It can be used to send emergency messages within minutes of the occurrence of an incident. Once the emergency notification has been made, more detailed follow-up information will be released to the campus community.