• 1

Veteran Services

The Registrar’s Office in Welty Hall in room 105 will process paperwork for students who are eligible for veterans education benefits.

The following forms are needed from each chapter for processing educational entitlement:

  • Reserve or National Guard – VA eduction benefits application (VA Form 22-1990), Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)(form DD-2384 or DD-2384-1)
  • Montgomery GI Bill or Montgomery Post 9/11 GI Bill - VA eduction benefits application (VA Form 22-1990), DD-214
  • Voc Rehab veterans – VA Form 1905 ( This form comes from your Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager)
  • Dependents (chapter 35)- VA Form 22-5490
  • Dependents (Chapter 33 Transfer of Entitlement applicants) – VA Form 22-1990e
                        Go to VA.GOV to apply for veterans education benefits.

Other forms needed each semester:

Priority Registration for Veterans and Qualified Dependents

Veterans and dependents using the GI Bill education benefits will automatically receive early registration.  If you are a veteran not using these benefits, then you will need to qualify with the MUW Veterans Certifying Office in the Registrar's Office to receive early registration for classes.

For additional information on Veterans Education Benefits, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/


Other Helpful Links and Information:

Veteran's Guide to Getting Hired

Scholarships and Financial Aid for Veterans

Get Hired in Healthcare: An Online Guide for Student Veterans


School Certifying Official Contact Information:
Office of the Registrar
Welty Hall, Room 105
1100 College Street W-1605
Columbus, MS 39701
Phone: 662-329-7135
Fax: 662-241-6964