Welcome to The W! Each year we welcome around 550 students to the on-campus community.
Whether you are a first-time freshman or a transfer student, we look forward to seeing you during the summer orientation sessions and when you move into your residence hall in August.
The W recognizes the educational and social benefits students receive from residing on campus their first year, as compared to living off campus. Students who live in university-provided housing perform better academically, and enjoy a higher degree of satisfaction with their college experience, than students who live off-campus or commute. In recognition of the value of the living-learning experience associated with on-campus living, The W requires first year students to live on campus in residence halls.
All students must complete their housing contract to be assigned a space. Assignments for incoming students and transfers are made in the order we recieve your completed contract, so the earlier your contract is submitted, the earlier you are assigned in the process.
Applying to live on campus is an easy and efficient online process tailored for the student.
Step-by-Step instructions are as follows:
Fall 2017 Students
- Click on "Apply for Housing" and select the "Sign Up" button to create your unique username and password:
- Once you are logged in to the housing application system, complete the housing application online.
- Once you have filled out the Housing Application, the Department of Housing and Residence Life will receive it via the online system.
- There is not a deposit required with the application. There will be a $50 non-refundable processing fee applied to the student MUW banner account once the semester begins.
- Once you have completed your online Housing Application, you have set the housing process in motion.
Note: By signing the housing contract for Fall 2017, student acknowledges that a $50.00 non-refundable housing processing fee will be directly applied to the student account once the semester begins.
It's that simple! A few things to remember:
- Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee single rooms and any single rooms that are available will be given to students on a priority basis (medical needs followed by senior status down). View Room Assignment Information
- Make sure you read the housing contract thoroughly. Within the online application process will be asked to review the Terms & Agreements and acknowledge that you agree to the terms. View Terms & Agreements
- Housing Contracts entered into for the Fall semester, is a nine month contract (August to May).
- Once you have received your housing assignment, if you would like to cancel your assignment please contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life at (662) 329-7127. Housing applications must be canceled prior to June 1st of the upcoming academic year in order to avoid a cancellation fee. If housing application is canceled after June 1st, the student will incur a cancellation fee of $150.00. Once classes begin in the fall semester, the contract can not be canceled. View Cancellation Request Information